Installation issues on Arch Linux with dwm window manager

Hi, I would like to use cursor on Arch Linux with dwm window manager (no full desktop environment).

The app launches from latest cursor-0.21.1x86_64.AppImage. But in the initial setup dialogue in section ‘Command Line’ when choosing Install “cursor” (command for opening via CLI), I get: “Something went wrong. Please contact hi@cursor.so if this persists.”

Also when launching the AppImage, I get a DBUs Error:

ERROR:object_proxy.cc(590)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.portal.Settings.Read: object_path= /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such interface “org.freedesktop.portal.Settings” on object at path /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop

I have xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-gtk installed and their services are running. Couldn’t find related issues via google.
Since this is Arch/dwm specific, I will also post to Arch forums. Just thought, I’d ask here first in case anyone has experienced similar issues.

Have you resolved this?

Honestly, I am not quite sure how, but the error regarding org.freedesktop.portal.Settings is not appearing anymore.

Related changes: I have added some Env vars to my session:

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME
XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP="$XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP"
WINDOW_MANAGER=dwm

and this:

.config/xdg-desktop-portal/portals.conf
[preferred]
default=gtk

I think this made the error go away.

How to mark this as solved? (sorry, I’m new here)

Am guessing that’s good enough :+1: