Support for speech to text

when will cursor support text to speech? its fine if you guys add support for local rendering using whisper but desperately need one model, this has been added to the github copilot and this can be a dealbreaker for me :smiling_face_with_tear: but I don’t wanna quit on cursor

Something similar to this but inbuilt in cursor Whisper Assistant Extension (Voice to text) - General - Cursor Community Forum as this installation has many fail points

1 Like

Hey @nishant, I asked Cursor about speech to text support a while back but they didn’t seem to have it on the roadmap. I’m intrigued to hear if this has changed now.

In the meantime, I’ve used the Whisper Assistant Extension daily for months on a Mac and it works great for me. I don’t have a lot time to support the extension in terms of testing on other platforms and debugging edge cases but I’m sure for many it works out of the box.

Have you managed to use it successfully yourself?

I certainly would appreciate it. It would be nice if i could be typing in my code window while asking questions through speech.

Hey martin, thanks for making that extension, I did try it but getting some errors while installing as I use windows OS. That’s why asking here to have natives support which will remove this dependency

1 Like

Feel free to open an issue on the GitHub project about the problems you are having. If I can I will see if I can solve the issues on Windows OS if you let me know the details.

Of course, native support would be preferred but this may work in the meantime! :slight_smile: